An electrostatic filter is a great device that uses static electricity – a safe and naturally occurring phenomenon to remove dirt particles from your home.
In fact, an electrostatic filter is one of the best devices to remove allergens and other harmful substances from indoor air; it’s one of the most popular filters for HVAC systems.
You will be glad to know that Quality Services 360 has the best electrostatic filters in Houston!
Benefits of an Electrostatic Filter
- It uses the safe and natural phenomenon of static electricity to do the filtering
- It makes the air cleaner and healthier; hence you can breathe quality air!
- Increased efficiency! Other filters are capable of filtering up to only 10% of particles. An Electrostatic filter eliminates pollen, dust and airborne pollutants with up to 94% removal.
- Savings! Since an electrostatic filter keeps heating components as well as air conditioner coils free of dust and debris, you will be making considerable savings.
- Substances like mites, pollen, mold spores, and animal dander make asthma and other respiratory conditions worse. A filter control the level of these substances and hence people with respiratory symptoms breathe a long-lasting sigh of relief
- It eliminates dust
- Tidy housekeeping gets very easy when you have a good electrostatic filter installed
- An electrostatic filter is highly durable which means you won’t have to worry about buying a new one every other month. In fact, you may never have to replace an filter EVER!
- It is very easy to perform the maintenance of this air filter. All you have to do is to watch it with mild soap and water once a month and that’s it!
How to find out if you need an Electrostatic Filter?
Pretty much every house needs any type of filter in our view but if you clean your house regularly and still notice a black ugly film around the supply air registers, you should immediately:
- Have the air duct system cleaned
- Install a filter
How it Works
Because of the high efficiency as well as the durability of this filter, it would be quite natural for you to wonder how it actually works.
- It uses electrostatically charged polypropylene and polyurethane filtration media to attract different types of particles
- A safe static charge is produced by making air go through the filter
- This safe static charge attracts and catches airborne particles; much like a strong magnet
It has the ability to attract particles as small as 0.3 microns (1 micron = 1/25,000 in.)